Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New blog!

Hello everyone!
Courtney (aka Abby) here! Welcome to our brand spankin' new blog! My mom and I started this blog as an idea and inspiration blog. In it, you will also find stories about our adventures, because yes, every shopping trip, road trip, and even trip to the bathroom is an adventure with my mom (although I will spare the details of the latter). We don't claim to be experts in this stuff, we don't claim to know everything, but we do claim to love creating and crafting. And the wonderful thing about art, is that is the only prerequisite.

At this point, we are specializing in card making. That could completely change in the next month. We like to...what is it people always say..."dabble" in all different forms of expression.

Expression is extremely important to me. Just so you know who is behind the computer screen, I'll briefly introduce myself....I am a recent college graduate in Nursing. I work in a very busy cardiac ICU, at a very large inner city hospital. Art and crafting is my escape from the very real stresses of my job. If you look closely in some of my art work, you might just pick out small nuances reflective of my profession. Or...you might not.

So thus begins our foray into the blogging community. I encourage you to comment, link and post on our blog. I leave you with my favorite quote from a VERY fitting source:

"There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you will be free, if you truly wish to be." -Willy Wonka

-Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment