Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Challenge Sticks #1

Hello again crafty people.

Well, I said I would blog more, so here it is! And theres also one for after this!

Mom and I have been crafting tonight, so it's time to show and tell!

I had Justin draw a random set of popsicle sticks from the cup o' inspiration and here's what he drew:
I had to case ANOTHER card! Geez!

So here's my inspiration card:


It can be found HERE.

And....here's the card I made:

Ok so a cool thing that Mom and I found out a while back is that you can emboss metallic posterboard and it looks just like metal.  You can even use alcohol ink on it just like it was metal, and when it is on your project, it looks just like metal.  Well, apparently we used all of ours, because I couldn't find any. :-( So, seizing a moment of inspiration, and not wanting to cop out by using a metal brad...I went right on down to the kitchen and grabbed the good old reynold's wrap. Remembering that it looks really cool when embossed, I thought it would be perfect.

I got it all trimmed up and perfect (PS be very careful, what you may not know is aluminium foil can cut you as easily as a sharp knife, just be careful with the edges.)  I sent it through my cuttlebug, and was ecstatic with the results..COOL!  Then...I tried to glue it down.  yeah, not cool.  As you might can imagine, as I rolled my tape runner along the foil, it smashed my cool design right out.  Can you say UGLY?  Not to be deterred, I cut another piece of foil and stuck it immediately to a piece of white CS, THEN embossed.  That worked much better. Lesson learned. 

The rest of this card is pretty self explainatory.  If you have questions, feel free to comment below.

Thanks for checking out AbbysCrafty!

-Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment