Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Four Challenges!

Hello crafty friends!

Abby here, with another card for you.

This is my card for:

CMC- Anything goes with a girly twist
Crazy 4 Challenges- Stitches
Kraftin' Kimmie - Stitches
MarkerPop - color in black and white/sepia

Funny story, I had my focal image all colored up and was very pleased with it.  I was going to enter it in Kimmie's challenge from last weekend (polka dots), but wouldn't you know, we cleaned the craft room and now I can't find anything! Including my focal image! So, I colored another one.  oh well, she'll turn up eventually.

I have to say, this isn't my favorite card that I have ever made.  There's just too much going on.  But I felt like I had to keep adding some thing because it just wouldn't look right.  I think it really has to do with the direction the focal image girl is looking.  she leads your eyes right off the card, and there wasn't really anything I could do to bring it back. Oh well, live and learn.  I am satisfied with my copic coloring, however. I enjoyed trying a different technique.  I also stamped her in Memento London Fog to give the lines a softer look and she's stamped on xpress it blending card (by far my favorite copic paper). Her dress is paper pieced with authentique paper.


Well, I think thats all for tonight.

-Abby



4 comments:

  1. Abby - this card is so romantic and rich. Gorgeous colors and I love the added bling! Gorgeous and thanks for joining us at MarkerPop!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Abby! I love your black and white coloring! TFS
    Thank you for joining us at MarkerPop!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is gorgeous!! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! How sassy? Jayne looks gorgeous in those tones of grey! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete