Sunday, July 8, 2012

MarkerPop/Kraftin Kimmie challenge!

Hello all,

I decided to make a card this weekend to enter into two different challenges, the MarkerPop color hair challenge and the Kraftin' Kimmie favorite stamp challenge!

Here is my card for the challenges:

I decided to use Alice, from the Alice in Wonderland KKS stamp set because she has all that LONG FLOWING hair and the Alice in Wonderland set is my ABSOLUTE favorite KKS set!  I had SO much fun coloring it!  I used my favorite copic artist's (Melanie Holtz) blog as inspiration for the colors to use for her hair.  I would have loved to experiment with the blues that Melanie used as well, but I didn't have them...:( time to make a new Copic order!

Alice was stamped on XPress It blending card with Memento Tuxedo black ink and the colors I used were as follows:

Hair: E50, Y21, Y23, E31, E33, E35, E59
Skin: E000, E11, E13
Dress: BG0000, BG05, BG02, BG07, BG09, E33, E35, C00, C3

The patterned paper is from Authentique and the brads are Spare Parts from Hobby Lobby.

Taking cues from Melanie, I made Alice's pupil a little bigger and gave her blue iris'. The reflection points in her eyes were made with a white Pentel RSVP pen, much easier I find, than the Copic opaque white.

Well, that's all I have for today!  Dad and I are training to run a 5K in February, and I suppose I have to get up now to go jog.  hmph.

-Abby

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hair coloring! Thank you for helping us kick off the new Markerpop blog!!
    Hugs
    Sami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love your coloring. Thanks for playing with us at Markerpop!!

    Tracy v

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love your wonderful coloring! I am your newest follower!
    Thank you for joining us at MarkerPop! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us!

    Hugs,

    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete