Monday, June 13, 2011

Spellbinders

Good Morning Crafty Friends!

Anyone reading this blog will know that Spellbinders are one of my favorite tools in paper crafting. I love them and have a large number of them hanging about which sometimes makes storing them and finding the perfect one a challenge at times.

Does anyone else have challenges storing these great little metal dies?

While Abby and I were at the GASC in Arlington, Texas about a week ago, we discovered a terrific idea for storing this treasures in a neat and convenient way and we wanted to share it on our blog. We have adapted the idea to better fit the way we craft and I am sure you can all think of great enhancements as well.

We went to Home Depot and purchased magnetic heater vent covers. These items are around $5.00 for three covers and can be found near the venting/air conditioning supplies in the store. We cut them into three sections of 5 inches each. The pieces measure around 5 x 8 inches and they make a perfect place to attach all the dies of one set. Ours were a little flimsy so we took the card stock that comes in the package with the covers and also cut it into the same dimmensions. Then, we used our ATG to adhere the magnetic sheets to the card stock. To finish it off, I covered some additional card stock cut into cover sized pieces with some pretty designer paper (because that is what paper crafters do, cover everything we can in pretty paper!) and then bound the book using my Zutter and a 1" binding wire.

Now I have a wonderful little book that I can turn pages and have my Spellbinders close at hand. Let me know if you try this tip and how it turns out. I'd love to hear any tips you have as well!

Happy Crafting.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment