Sunday, June 12, 2011

Challenge Card for Kraftin Kimmie #82 and CPS Sketch #22

Good Evening Friends,

Abby spent the weekend with me, but we didn't get to craft as much as we wanted.  We had to celebrate Grandma's birthday on Saturday.  On Sunday, we went for a mani/pedi and that took for-EVER and that really cut into our crafting time.  We have decided we are going to devote some extra time to crafting over the next few weeks to get caught up with all our challenges.

The following is my card for the CPS card sketch #222 and it also fits with the Kraftin Kimmie challenge #82, which was to add a splash of gold to the card. 

I actually made the card for a friend.  Her husband is in the hospital and she has been a bit down.  I am going to send the card to her to wish her well.  She is a cross-stitcher...I bet she has been stitching away during those long hours of caring for her husband.  I hope he gets better really soon.  I miss seeing her every day.

This card was made using Stampin' Up Ivory Cardstock as a base and then I added some pink cardstock and a piece of blue stock with that splash of gold as 2nd and 3rd layers.  I embossed the pink stock with my Sizzix Big Shot and a circles embossing folder.  For the focal image I colored Goldilocks from the Kraftin' Kimmie collection with my Copic markers.  This is the first time I have used this stamp, but I bet it won't be the last.  ;-)  On the interior, I colored a small bear with my Copic markers, cut it out closely, and then affixed it with a message saying "thought you could you a little pick up!"  As a final touch, I rounded all four corners with my corner rounder punch.

Kim

CPS Sketch #222




4 comments:

  1. Great job!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Thanks for joining us at CPS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is sure to brighten your friend's day :) Love the splashes of gold!

    ReplyDelete