Monday, May 30, 2011

A Card for the Man in Your Life

The following is my entry for the CPS Card Sketch #220 as well as the Stamp TV Free For All Friday Challenge to create a masculine birthday card. 

Here is the CPS Card Sketch #220 from which I based my card:


I used Stampin' Up cardstock as my base and my layers and then added World Map designer paper as my second layer.  This was from my scrap paper so I am not sure who made it.  I then cut a small square of the same Stampin' Up cardstock and rounded the corners for my third layer and for the fourth layer, I stamped the writing image from the Open Sea stamp set from Stampin' Up to cover the entire piece of ivory cardstock I cut from Stampin' Up scraps with Crumbcake ink from Stampin' Up.  I then placed the ship image from the Open Sea stamp set for the focal image with Rich Cocoa Memento ink.

To finish the card I set eyelets at each side of the focal image and then pulled some baker's twine through the holes and tied a knot.  Finally, I added the sentiment with dimmensional dots.



Thanks for looking!  Have a great week!  Abby and I are headed to Arlington for the GASC show on Friday.  Maybe we will see you there!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine design! Great job on the CPS sketch this week :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love that stamp! Beautiful manly card!

    ReplyDelete