Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kimmie Challenge #79

Hello Crafty Friends!
Abby here. Well, after another fun filled weekend of crafting with my mom, I have some cards to show you!

Not as many as usual. I got to go to the races with my husband and his parents yesterday. The first time I have ever bet on horse races! Sadly, I still have to go to work this week, I didn't hit it big, beginner's luck notwithstanding. I did get to bet on the Preakness, however, which was pretty cool!  All that to say, I had one day less than usual to craft, so here is what I have gotten done today:

For the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge number 79-Text me!

I started with a SU certainly celery card base.  I then took some scrap cream colored cardstock and stamped all over it with the SU "define your life" stamps to satisfy the text requirement. I added some green ribbon, and a stamped and colored "Isabelle" image.  I just LOVE this fairy kit, don't you? The "wish" sentiment came with a different fairy, also Kraftin' Kimmie. On the inside is the SU "wish" definition stamp.  I really liked the copic coloring on her hair, I've been working really hard at getting better at coloring.

My next card is for the Gina K Designs "Mix it up Monday" focus on flowers! I used the "black magic stamping" technique for this card. See the tutorial HERE on SCS. It is very simple, but effective.

I definately looks like I had a few too many drinks when I stamped that sentiment, as it leans to the side a bit. Oh well I guess. The stamps are all from the "Just believe" SU stamp set.  The cardstock is all scraps from my mom's box.
My next card is for the Gina K Designs "Free for all Friday" challenge-Get Krafty! ...sounds familiar right?
I started this card with a Kraft base, and the focal image is actually a stamp.  I just LOVE Leonardo da Vinci, so I just HAD to have this stamp.  Although it is a father's day card, I certainly won't be giving it to my dad, because I know the first thing he would say is "You're giving me a card with a naked man on it?" lol.  And who could blame him? I just liked the image and needed a father's day card, so here it is. haha. Anyways, this one is pretty self explanatory.  I did cut off the right most 1.5" of the front flap to add a little bit of interest. The "world" stamp is from SU-The Open Sea.

One more card-and that is for the CPS sketch. Here is the sketch:
...and here is my card...
This is a image I had already colored up from earlier this week.  I know it looks like Halloween, but I do love that color combo any time of the year.  Plus, I would be happy if it were fall year round! It's a little hard to see but the 2nd black layer is cuttlebugged with a circlely dot embossing folder thingy. I don't know what it's called.  Obviously. 

Well, hope you all enjoyed looking at my cards.  I sure did enjoy making them. See everyone back here next weekend!

-Abby

3 comments:

  1. Great cards and nice job on the CPS one!! Great coloring and thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great cards!! Great job with the CPS sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Look at all your fabulous cards!! (I'm sure you know which ones are my faves!! heehee!)
    Thanks for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete