Monday, May 30, 2011

Stripes

Good Memorial Day!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful  and crafty Memorial Day...

The following is my entry for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge and the Stamp TV Mix it Up Monday Challenge.  I love to sew, but I never have been good at sewing by hand so this one presented me with quite the challenge!

I created the card using Stampin' Up cardstock and then hand sewed along the right edge of the background using a blanket stitch.  For the focal image, I colored Stripes from the Kraftin' Kimmie collection using a mixture of Copic markers and Primacolor pencils and then affixed him to the card using Stampin' Up dimmensionals.  The bow was tied using my Bow Easy.  If you don't have one of these handy tools, believe me, they are worth the $5 unless you are exceptionally gifted at bow tying.

Happy Crafting!

Kim


3 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cute Zebra. Love it.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, how sweet!! Stripes looks adorable and that blanket stitch is perfect for this card!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, this is so adorable! Love the blanket stitching and that is bow is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete