Sunday, May 22, 2011

CPS Card Sketch #219

Using this week's card sketch...


...I created the following Father's Day card. 

I used Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy Cardstock for the base and then added a layer from DCWV's Lemon flower stack.  I embossed a scrap of a coordinating yellow with my Sizzix and plain embossing folder then added a navy ribbon across the center.

To create the focal image, I stamped the sailboat from my brand new Stampin' Up's The Open Sea stamp set and added the "Best Dad Ever" sentiment from Stampin Up's Best Dad Ever stamp set on a scrap of ivory cardstock.  I colored the sails of the boat using my Gelly Roll White pen.  (Have you ever used your souffle' pen instead of your gelly roll when you meant to reach for your gelly roll?  Let me tell you, it is not pretty!)

Finally, I put the card all together with scrapbooking adhesive and added the focal image with Stampin' Up Dimmensionals.

For ease of writing inside the card, I added a panel with "Happy Father's Day" stamped on it in the lighter ivory color.

Happy Viewing!

Kim


3 comments: