Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kraftin Kimmie Challenge #79 - Text Me

Abby and I have been really busy crafting today!  We are making some Father's Day cards to display on our Etsy shop and working to improve our Copic marker skills.  We will be posting some stuff to the shop later today, but for now, the following is my entry for the Kraftin' Kimmie Text me challenge this week.  The challenge is to use text somewhere on the card so here it is...


This sweet little summer gal is Olivia.  I created this card by selecting the card base from Stampin' Up In Color Peach Parfait.  I then added a second layer of pattered paper from DCWV's Citrus Paper Pad.  Finally, to satisfy the requirement for text, I embossed a piece of yellow scrap using my Sizzix and my Cuttlebug embossing folder with writing all over it and placed it as the 3rd layer of the card.

I colored the focal image with Copic markers and then cut out a scalloped oval of the same Stampin' Up In Color Peach Parfait paper.  For the sentiment, I stamped the sentiment that comes with the stamp, "Orange you a great friend!" and cut it out using my ribbon tag die and my sizzix.   I placed the sentiment on the card using the ribbon that inspired this entire card.  I don't know who made that ribbon, but I saw it at Hobby Lobby and immediately thought of this stamp.

I hope you have as much fun viewing this card as I did creating it.  This is one of my favorites so far...next to Drucilla of course!  ;-)

More to follow later today!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card!! It's so bright and striking!! Awesome colouring of Olivia and what a super touch with the perfect ribbon! You sure called that one right! Thanks for stamping and sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how pretty! Olivia looks outstanding!! Thanks for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete