Sunday, May 22, 2011

Stamp TV - Friday Free For All

Here is my entry for Stamp TV's Friday Free for All - Let's be Krafty. 

I didn't want to use kraft paper for the base because I would just have to cover it up and well, what's the use of that?



I selected a nice blue scrap piece I had to make the base.  I then cut strips of green and green plaid from scrap and attached them together.  I embossed a "Happy Father's Day" sentiment on the upper right corner using my fav - a la mode copper embossing powder.

I then cut a piece of kraft cardstock and stamped the truck from the Stampin' Up stamp set, Countryside.  I have had this stamp set for months and never found a place to use it.  You all know how much I love Copic markers, but for this image, I decided to try my Prismacolor pencils.  I like the results!

I colored the image with the Prismacolors and attached it to the previously attached strips.  I cut the bottom of the truck image to size, then attached it to the card.

All-in-all this was fun project.  I am amazed how many cards I can make from my scrap bin.  I have been challenging myself to use those scraps first.  I am getting overrun with them...I know you all know what I mean.  :)

Abby will be posting her challenge cards next....I can't wait to see what she has in store for us!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment