Sunday, May 1, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #76 - May Flowers

This is my entry for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge - "Show Us Your May Flowers".

I first cut the card base from Stampin' Up Cardstock and then proceded to the layers.  The pink layer was run through my Sizzix Big Shot with the Swiss Dots embossing folder (my absolute favorite embossing folder ever - it is so versatile!).

The image was stamped using the Shy Emmylou stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie.  If you have been following this blog, you will notice that Kraftin' Kimmie stamps are also a favorite of mine.  I colored the image using my Copic markers in pinks and blues and then cut an oval the size of the image.  I used this oval as a mask and sprayed the image with my Smooch Spritz in Pralines and Cream.  *This was one of our best finds while on our Tennessee trip.  We found it in Little Rock - DIRT cheap!*

After spritzing the image and heat setting it, I cut it out using my Sizzix Big Shot and a label die from the Labels Eight die set.  I finally added a subtle gold organza ribbon and a matching pink paper flower to satisfy the flower requirements of this card.

To complete the card, I stamped a friend verse in the interior.

I hope you enjoy viewing the card.

Happy Crafting!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment