Sunday, July 31, 2011

CPS Sketch #229 and Kraftin Kimmie Challenge #89

The following is my entry for the CPS Sketch #229 and the Kraftin Kimmie Challenge #89 - No Embellishments. 

The sketch for CPS #229 looks like this:


That's a pretty challenging sketch to begin with, but then when you add Kraftin Kimmie's Challenge #89 which requires a card with no embellishments....whew! that really gets you thinking...

So, I dreamed up this bright and cheery card using Kraftin' Kimmie's Nurse Nellie Stamp and a variety of Stampin' Up cardstocks and designer paper. 

I first punched the right edge of the base card with my Martha Stewart punch to add interest to the card since I couldn't add embellishments.  Next, I cut each layer from cardstock and designer paper following the sketch.  I airbrushed some ink from my Copic airbrush (I love this airbrush!) around all the edges of the top layers I had cut using my Sizzix and my scalloped rectangle Spellbinders.  Here's a tip:  Spellbinders make a great mask for the edges of the layers when airbrushing.

I then added my focal image, Nurse Nellie, which I had colored using my Copic markers.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment, which is a stamp from the Stampin' Up set, Curly Verses, with Cherry Cobbler ink from Stampin' Up (this is my current favorite ink color from Stampin' Up).  I believe this set is retiring with the arrival of the new catalog so if you like it, you may want to see if it is still available right away!

All in all, I think the card works, even without embellisments.  As you all know, I love my embellishments...this turned out to be a REAL challenge for me.



Thanks for looking!

~Kim

4 comments:

  1. Cute! What adorable images and what a really cut way to use the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you can make a card this cute without embellishments-there's no way I could do it! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Kim!! Your coloring is so pretty. Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete