Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hugs

Good Evening Friends!

Abby and I have had a busy day today.  We have been attempting to build some custom storage space for our Stampin' Up stamp pads, but we have failed miserably today...it just wasn't in the cards for us to get the product finished so, we decided to cut our losses and make a card for the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #90 - Distressed.

This card features the relatively new Cheryl Alger stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie, Friends Are for Hugging.  I love this line of stamps and this is the first opportunity I have had to ink this one up.  I began this card by distressing the first layer of cardstock, inked the edges with distress ink and then adding a nice designer paper. 

I decided to paper piece the dress with the same designer paper and color the rest with my Copic markers.  To go with the flower motif within the image, I cut a nice leaf pattern using my Sizzix and Sizzix dies and then I cut a scallopped oval to layer the focal image.  I airbrushed a paper flower with red and yellow to match the color scheme and then applied glitter to the flower within the stamped image and the leaves I had cut with the Sizzix.

I hope you enjoy viewing the image as much as I enjoyed creating it.  Happy Crafting!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. I love the paper pieced dress!
    Thanks for playing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, I love the paper piecing. Isn't this a cute image? Thanks for playing along with Kraftin' Kimmie!

    ReplyDelete