Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stamp TV Challenge STVCSP20

Good Evening Crafters!  Wow this week has flown by and I almost missed out on the Stamp TV challenge this week. 

This is my entry for the Stamp TV Color Challenge this week.  I cut the background images from cardstock using my Sizzix Big Shot and the Sizzix Scalloped Circle die.  I then stamped the Easter greeting from the Stampin' Up Something to Celebrate stamp set and cut the tag using my Spellbinders fancy tag set.  The edges were embossed with the Spellbinder and inked with some Night of Navy Stampin' Up ink.

I used a sunflower stamp (I don't remember the brand of this one) and stamped the sunflower image on a circle cut from white cardstock using my Fiskar shape cutter.  (This is quickly becoming one of my favorite tools.)  Once I had all the images stamped, I used my Copic markers to color the flowers with the same yellow as the cardstock I had used in the background.  I also inked the edges of this circle using the Stampin' Up Night of Navy ink.

I put the card together using Stampin' Up dimmensionals to attach the flower image to the background scalloped circle.  Before I attached the layers to the card base, I placed a strip of Stampin' Up So Saffron ribbon and tied a faux bow around the left edge.  Finally the last layer was attached to the card base using scrapbooking adhesive.

The final touch was added using a Stardust glitter pen by Gelly Roll to glitter the centers of the flowers.

Tomorrow's task is to complete the sketch challenge for Stamp TV as well as the Kraftin' Kimmie weekly sketch challenge.  More to come...


Happy Crafting!  Until tomorrow night...

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment