Thursday, April 21, 2011

StampTV Sketch - STVSKSP22

Well here it is...my entry for the Gina K StampTV sketch this week.  Since this sketch was for a card of an unusual shape, it really was quite a challenge.

To create this card, I started with cutting the base using that fabulous Fiskar shape cutter circle shape!  I then cut the layers.  The first layer is of turquoise cardstock and was cut using my Sizzix Big Shot and my Spellbinders Shapeabilities Pendant dies.  This is the first time I have used this die and I have to say, I love it!  I then stamped and embossed the butterfly and smile sentiment and cut it with a small Spellbinder scalloped circle.  I used my Pumice Stone Distress Ink to distress the white cardstock I had embossed the butterfly on.  The edges of the card base were also distressed using this same ink.

I put the entire card together using scrapbooking adhesive and added a small line of ribbon before adhering the piece to the card base.


I will be finishing this week's challenge cards in the morning with the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge card. 

Abby will be here tomorrow to craft with me.  We are planning a fun weekend of crafting starting with a Copic class on Saturday.   Hopefully, we will produce a lot more items for our etsy shop.  Check it out at http://abbyscrafty.etsy.com./

Again, more to come tomorrow...

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Nice card I like the way that you interpreted the circular sketch.

    ReplyDelete