Saturday, April 30, 2011

Food for Thought

Hello all!
Abby here.
Well, my plan today was to go to the bank (funny story about that in a second), go get some groceries and come home and craft.

So off I went to the bank. You see, I lost my debit card about a week ago. I specifically remember the last time I used it at McDonald's and put it in my purse. I remember thinking "I'm going to put this card in a weird place in my purse instead of taking the time to put it where it goes, and I'm going to forget where I put it." you would think that if that thought actually goes through my head, that I would actually stop and really put it where it belongs, but no, I ignored the angel on my shoulder and that brings me to today, sitting in front of my banker, canceling my debit card (after turning my house, and purse, upside down looking for the darn thing). Well, I was like yeah, go ahead and cancel it, but let me just check ONE MORE TIME in my purse. Lo and behold, there it sat. In the first place I looked, where I had thought it had been the whole time. Don't ask why I didn't see it the first 15 times I looked. Anyways, I'll have to get mom to share her story about losing her debit card in the next post. Let's just say at least I didnt get all the way to canceling it.

So then I go to the grocery store. Some teenager who thinks he's a real hot shot insults me, then says "I hope you arent offended, next thing you'll be doing is going to my manager..." if he wasn't socially awkward to start with, thats probably exactly what I would have done.

So I get home, and decide to do some spring cleaning.

Two loads of dishes, and three full trash bags later, dinner (and dessert!) are in the oven, and time has gotten away from me. Of course , I have to work tomorrow so working into the night isn't in the plan tonight. I'm off Monday and Tuesday, so tune back in for some crafts.

For now, I'll leave you with the recipe for the dinner I cooked tonight:
From the Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet (yes, you heard right, DIET!)cookbook,

CHEESY RIGATONI BAKE
Nancy Urbine, Lancaster, Ohio
1 16 oz pkg of Rigatoni
2 tbsp butter
1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 c milk
1/4 c water
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cans tomato sauce, 8oz each
2 c part skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 c grated parmesan

Cook pasta according to package directions
Meanwhile, in a. Small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour (have a whisk ready!) and salt until smooth; gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. (mine didn't thicken, I had to mix some flour in about 1/4 milk and add it back in, bring to a boil again, usually works well)

Drain pasta, place in large bowl. Add eggs. Spoon into 9x13 baking dish. Top with tomato sauce, white ssauce, mozzerella cheese and parmesan.

Bake uncovered at 375F for 30-35 minutes or until thermometer reads 160F.

Alternatively, you can split everything in half and freeze one casserole for up to three months.. Thaw it in the refriderator over night and bake 7-10 minutes longer.

Happy crafting....and eating!!!

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment