Sunday, April 24, 2011

Stamp TV Color Challenge STVCSP21

This is my entry for the color spotlight challenge on stamptv.com this week.  I began this card using white cardstock for my base.  I then cut a piece of So Saffron Stampin' Up cardstock to fit the card base and ran it through my Big Shot Sizzix with the Tulips embossing folder from Stampin' Up.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment.  (If you don't have a Stamp-a-ma-jig, I highly recommend it.  It is also one of my favorite tools.)

For the focal image, I stamped the flower from the Stampin' Up stamp set, Because I Care.  I liked this image as black and white, so to add in the pink color for the challenge, I first cut the card using a classic oval die from Spellbinders and then inked around the edges of the focal image as well as the base cardstock with Pink Pirouette ink from Stampin' Up.  To complete the card, I added a small length of So Saffron ribbon to the middle of the card behind the focal image and attached the focal image with dimmensionals.  I then placed the entire creation on the card base using scrapbooking adhesive.

This card will be for sale in our etsy shop at http://abbyscrafty.etsy.com/.  Take a look around.

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment